Monday, February 18, 2013

Skin Care Update

Last time I wrote about my skin care routine, I mentioned that I was trying some samples out from Dior, and I said that I will be updating you guys with changes in my skin, changes of my opinion, meaning whether I start loving or hating a product, and so on. Therefore, today I thought I should post an update since it is a rather special day to be honest! Today I went to my Dior Counter and bought 2 of what I have been trying, and a BB cream that I have read many reviews about as well as I have seen some videos on YouTube about it.

First of all, I would like to say that I loved all three products that I was trying out: the Hydra Life Sorbet cream, the Capture Totale Skin Boosting Super Serum, and the Capture Totale Eye Zone Boosting Super Serum. However, I got the serums and did not get the moisturizer for the following reason:
Products that come in a jar are more exposed to air, and therefore, they are more likely to oxidize, and this means that it is more likely to become less effective with time. Now I don't know if this is true, but for me, I think that careful is better than sorry, therefore, I want products with pumps rather than products is jars.

My skin is normal to combination, my t zone is the oiliest area in my face, which is pretty normal. So, I was looking for a product that will be sufficient for all the areas of my face, from the driest ones to the oiliest ones. I can honestly say that the products I used where perfect, I felt that my t zone was remarkably less greasy than ever, and the rest of my face was soft and moisturized. It matched the needs of every inch of my skin, which is what I was looking for in a skin care routine. 
My skin absorbs the serums rather quickly, though I must say that the eye serum takes longer, but by the time you finish applying serum on your face, your eyes would have absorbed the serum sufficiently. 

I cannot really pinpoint the changes my skin care routine has done during the last couple weeks, but I have received many compliments, and even my mother who was a little skeptical about the cost of all the products told me that my skin looks pretty, and she said that I look much more lively and healthy, and she actually started considering converting to Dior as well. However, I should say that I have not had any breakouts ever since I started this routine, and I think, not so sure though, that my skin looks brighter, glowier, and more evened out, but I am not sure whether this is true, or just some kind of a psychological wishful thinking thing.

Anyway, I also got the BB cream with spf of 30, which was also why I did not want the Hydra Life Sorbet Cream which has no SPF at all, since its water based. I wont be using this tomorrow, though I will use it the day after, because I am going out. I got more samples of the Hydra life that will help me get through the month so that next month I'll be able to get the Skin  Perfect Pore Refining Perfecting Moisturizes, which fortunately comes in a pump, and this will be my night cream, as well as day cream when I am not going out. 

In terms of the fourth Dior Product that I have, I have the Instant Gentle Exfoliant With Pure Lily Extracts, that is meant to match all skin types. So far so good to be honest, I really like this so much, it feels quite refreshing and I have been enjoying using this twice a week, after the Decleor Aroma Cleanse Exfoliating Cream, which is honestly amazing. I had a rough start with Decleor, but the products I am using now have been really lovely!

So far I can say that I am loving my skin care routine, and I cant wait to get the other moisturizer by Dior. And as I promised, I will keep updating my routine results and changes if there will be any.

No comments:

Post a Comment