Monday, December 16, 2013

High End Makeup Starter Kit: Shades

I have promised to post a blog about my favorite shades to start a kit with. And I don't want to be doing a long introduction, so I'll just get started:

Eyeshadows: I have categorized the suggestions according to colors preferences, but for beginners, I think brown neutrals work best.
                     Everyone needs some neutral browns in their lives. I do recommend three browns quads:
                              1. Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs in number 07 Les Cuirs
                              2. Tom Ford quad in 02 Cognac Sable
                              3. Tom Ford quad in 03 Golden Mink
                    If you like girly pinks, I'd suggest going for plummy neutrals, and for that, I recommend a quad and two quints:
                              1. Guerlain Ecrin Couleurs in 04 Les Bois De Rose
                              2. Dior eyeshadows quints in 970 Stylish Move
                              3. Estee Lauder quints in Enchanted Berries
                    If you like more purple than berries or plums, I think you'll love these quads:
                              1. YSL Pure Chromatics in number 13
                              2. Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs in number 08 Les Perles
                              3. Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs in number 01 Les Violets
                   If You are like me, and you love a khaki eye, then here you go:
                              1. Dior eyeshadow quints in 454 Royal Kaki
                              2. Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs in 03 Les Verts
                              3. YSL Pure Chromatics in 10
                  If you're looking for some nice blue eyeshadows, then I recommend the following:
                              1. Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs in 02 Les Bleus
                              2.Dior quint in Bleu De Paris
                 Everyone needs a good smokey pallet, and here's what I would suggest for traditional and unique smokey eyes:
                              1. Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs 05 Les Gris
                              2. Tom Ford quad in 10 titanium Smoke
                              3. Dior quints in 034 Gris Gris


Blushes: Blushes are trickier than Eyeshadows, but it only makes it easier for me to pinpoint one must have blush from each category:
                    Pinks: Tom Ford blush in 06 Wicked
                    Corals: Guerlain Rose aux Joues Blush Duo in 01 Peach Boy
                    Mauve/Purple: Dior Vibrant
                   
Bronzers: I cannot recommend a specific bronzer shade, because your skin tones determines which shade of bronzers you'll need, but I can recommend specific bronzers:
                              1. Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons (Matte and Contouring-Friendly)
                              2. Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder (Has a little bit of shimmer, perfect for an all over the face glow)

Lipsticks: I'll recommend one specific shade for each category:
                      Nude: Guerlain Rouge G in 60 Gabrielle
                      Red: YSL Glossy Stain in 09 Rouge Laque
                      Pink: Guerlain Rouge Automatique in 166 Shalimar
                      Coral: Lancome Rouge in Love in 322M Corail in Love
                      Orange: Guerlain Rouge Automatique in 141 Quand Vient L'Ete
                      Plummy/Berry: Guerlain Shine Automatique in 265 Pao Rosa
                      Purple: Tom Ford Lip Color In Violet Fatale
                      Burgundy: Dior Addict Extreme in 986 Bonne Aventure (probably limited edition)

Lip Gloss: I'd go for a neutral one just to try and understand what a lip gloss is, because many people, including myself, find lip glosses very troublesome. Therefore, I'll suggest the line that I've tried and trust.
                                 1. Dior Addict Glosses in general are pretty pleasant, I'd still wear a sheer lipstick over a gloss any day of the year, but if you want a good gloss, this one is pretty good.

If you havent read the previous blog post about the starter kit in general, where I discuss non-color products as well as color ones, you can check it out here. Enjoy

http://carolcosmos.blogspot.com/2013/12/high-end-makeup-starter-kit.html

No comments:

Post a Comment